Chinook Trail school days begin at 8:45 a.m. Attendance will be taken within the first 15 minutes of class. If your child arrives after 8:45 am, he/she will be marked as tardy.
After 9:00 AM an adult will need to sign them in at the front office.
- If you know that your child will not be in school or will be late due to an appointment, please call the school at (719) 234-5700. You can call any time (day or night) and leave a voicemail.
- If your student is going to be late and needs to order a school lunch, please call the office and leave the student's name, name of teacher and the lunch option he/she wants. Office staff submits the CTE lunch order by 9:00 am. Lunches are made at Timberview Middle School and brought over later.
- If the office staff is not notified about an absence, a phone call will be made to the parent(s) to inquire as to the reason for the absence. If the parent(s) do not return that phone call, the absence remains on the District’s computer system, and automated phone calls will be made to the parent(s). This will be marked as an unexcused absence.
- If you are planning a vacation/trip that is 3 days or longer, please complete a
Pre-Arranged Absence form in the front office.
Vacations are not excused absences. Vacations will be marked as Pre-arranged Unexcused. Make-up work will be allowed but must be completed per the schools’ make-up work policy.
Accident or Illness at School – The emergency information parents provide in Infinite Campus will be used in the event that your child becomes ill or in the event that an accident occurs at school. We will make every effort to notify you by phone. If you cannot be reached, the emergency contacts you designate in the Parent Portal will be notified.
It is critically important that you:
- Keep the contact information in the Parent Portal up to date.
- Change information on-line, at the district web site:
www.asd20.org, Parents/Students, Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
Arrival and Departure Procedures - The first bell rings at 8:40 a.m. and the tardy bell rings at 8:45 a.m. The instructional day begins promptly at 8:45 a.m. Students should not be dropped off before 8:30 a.m. There is no supervision of students who arrive before 8:30 a.m. unless they are involved in a school-sponsored activity. Siblings of those involved in these activities cannot be monitored and must remain with parents until the normal start of school. If your student arrives at school after 8:45 a.m., they must stop by the office for a tardy slip before proceeding to their classroom, and they will be marked as tardy.
If it is necessary for you to pick up your child during the day before the normal 3:45 p.m. dismissal time, park your car in the parking lot and sign your child out through the office (not the classroom).
Office personnel will call your child’s classroom and have them meet you at the office.
It is helpful if you call the office when you are on your way and we can have your child waiting for you in the office. No student will be released early after 3:30pm.
Moving/Relocating – If you are planning to move, please notify the classroom teacher and the office as early as possible. This will enable us to ensure proper record transfer to your child’s new school.